06/02/08 Seoul


It is lunar NY's eve. Decide to go around with the Irish guy at the hostel. He takes us around to some markets, get some food and then go our separate ways. I go shopping...of course. However, I find out that non of the clothes here actually fit me. I'm too fat!!! I try on some outfits and can't even get them over my head!! God help the westeners who live here!



I go back to the hostel and take a 2 hour nap before getting up. I meet two Canadians guys who are staying at the hostel. The Irish guy has offered to take myself and the Canadians out for a night on the tiles. (all us 'Canadian's' gotta stick together!!) We are supposed to go to a Korean party, where foreigners are able to 'make Korean'??? Yes, we all laughed at that. Ha ha. Some of the English is really bad here. We decide not to go and 'Make Korean' and have opted to go straight to an area called Itaewon, which is full of foreigners and US soldiers.

Start at 8pm and um don't get back till 8am! Crazy all night drinking session. Lots of bars, lots of drinking games, lots of drinking full stop. Hazy. Even ended up in an area called Hooker Hill, which sober I would never go to (okay that's a complete lie!). Some of the bars are complete dives, but it's a fun night! I didn't even notice the prostitutes, which is good! ...although i do look Korean so thank god no know tried to pick me up!!, but then again...how come they didn't try??? JOKE! It was educational too - learnt new drinking games!


No comments: