31/01/08 Great beginnings


Set off to the airport. Am on my way to Heathrow airport. Taking the train to the next village and then getting the express bus to the airport. Have timed my travel trip exactly. Go to board the Heathrow express when the bus driver asks which terminal do I want to get off at. I tell him to wait a sec while I work it out. Look at my intinerary. Hmmm, am I seeing things correctly - LGW. London Gatwick!!! 'Oh my god, OH MY GOD'!!!

K, begin to frantically call everyone and anyone who will listen to me rant and rave about what an idiot I am. I'm quite upset by now cos I have no idea how I'm going to get to the airport now. Luckily someone is more calm than I has worked out a way for me to get to Gatwick, which does not involve a billion quid taxi bill. He tells me to jump in a taxi to Guildford station and catch a train which leaves in 30 mins. phew, panick over. Note to self - must read itinerary.

Get a phone call from my travel companion, who informs me that she nearly went to Heathrow too. Ha, we are so useless.

Ah, great beginnings to my trip so far!

Meet mate at the airport where we do a spot of duty free shopping. We are girls after all!

2 comments:

Stubee said...

got yourself in a panic before you even set off, that's brilliant (not for you at the time but at least now you can sit back and laugh about it)

:-)

YapsterJ said...

jenniferyapI know, i know. God, I'm so stupid sometimes!!! ha ha!