08/02/08 Suwon


Suwon is 48km south of Seoul. I visit the restored fortress of Hwaseong, the impressive fortress wall, made up of earth & faced with large stone blocks and stretches 5.7km.











I hike around the wall with its command posts, observation towers and entrance gates. Go to the palace, but work out I have no money to go in. Plus, it does not look that impressive. I end up just walking around taking in the sights. I walk lots and am very knackered so head back to the hostel.




We don't go out that evening. A whole bunch of us have decided to stay in and drink lots of beer and order in pizza. I'm actually quite skint now so it's a relief. I have no idea what I have done with my money as it's not like I've spent my money on any clothes!!




We work out that I am 12.5 Korean beer cans tall!
























No comments: